In an effort to aid Ohioans struggling to make ends meet, regional CPA and consulting firm Rea & Associates and their annual “Help Can Hunger” campaign raises food and monetary donations throughout their 11 offices across the state. This year, which marked the 11th year of the food drive, more than 24,900 pounds of food was collected to benefit people in need.
“I am very proud of everybody who contributed to this year’s campaign,” said JoAnn Edie, the campaign’s coordinator, in a press release. “Once again, through generosity and compassion we have proven our commitment to our community. What an impact this will have on our friends and neighbors in need.”
Employees from the firm’s 11 Ohio offices donated canned food, money, and time as part of the drive. In the 11 years the firm has coordinated the food drive, it has donated more than 166,700 pounds of food to individuals and organizations in need throughout the state.
“Everybody in the firm really went above and beyond this year,” stated Lee Beall, CEO of Rea & Associates. “Investing and giving back to our community has always been one of our core values and I am proud to see that this value has resonated throughout all of our offices. I am also glad to partner with so many upstanding local organizations. There is no doubt in my mind that every canned good and dollar raised will be spent to help those who need it the most.”
The following organizations benefited from the firm’s effort:
- Dublin Food Pantry (Dublin, Ohio)
- Guernsey County Senior Service Center (Cambridge, Ohio)
- Marietta Community Food Pantry (Marietta, Ohio)
- Share-A-Christmas and the Greater Dover-New Philadelphia Food Pantry (New Philadelphia, Ohio)
- Wooster Salvation Army (Wooster, Ohio)
- Christian Corner Community Center (Lima, Ohio)
- Love Center Food Pantry (Millersburg, Ohio)
- St. Andrew Episcopal Food Pantry (Mentor, Ohio)
- Medina County Battered Women’s Shelter (Medina, Ohio)
- Eastside Community Ministry Food Pantry (Zanesville, Ohio)
Rea’s Dublin office won top honors this year after collecting 8,413 pounds of food for the Dublin Food Pantry. The first place performance also helped the Dublin team secure an additional $500 donation from The Rea Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the firm, which will also benefit the food pantry.
For more information on Rea & Associates and their "Help Can Hunger" campaign, head to their site here.