Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) holds 2016 Leadership Academy
The Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) held their 2016 VSCPA Leadership Academy last month, from Nov. 14–16, at the CPA Center in Glen Allen. Thirty-two young CPAs in all were selected to attend the yearly event.
According to the Society, the Leadership Academy looks to give young professionals a chance to learn what "leadership looks like in today’s accounting world...to determine the skills, talents and qualities they already possess and learn how to use them to cultivate leadership; to identify leadership values that can be used to lead their firm or company to a bright future; and to walk away with broadened leadership skills to carve their own leadership path and protect the future of the CPA profession."
Eligible Leadership Academy candidates must be 35 years old or younger, have a valid CPA license, be a current member of the VSCPA, and have a minimum of three years’ experience within the CPA profession.
The 2016 Leadership Academy attendees are listed below, in alphabetical order:
- Hannah Beahm - Golden Rule Builders, Vienna
- Ashley Berry - The Hilb Group, King William
- Jacquelyn Birkett - KPMG, Arlington
- Jason Boberg - Cotton & Company, Arlington
- Tara Brooks - Dixon Hughes Goodman, Suffolk
- Christin Butler - PBMares, Fredericksburg
- Amanda Chait - Cotton & Company, Columbia, Md.
- Michael Crichton - Burdette Smith & Bish, Fairfax
- Jenna Cumberland - Brown, Edwards & Company, Bristol
- Heather Davidson - Cumberland Mountain Community, Cedar Bluff
- Mary Dolan - PBMares, Fairfax
- Robert Fraker, Jr. - CIA, CISA, Carmax, Richmond
- Kevin Hamaker - Burdette Smith & Bish, Fairfax
- Colin Hannifin - Keiter, Glen Allen
- Jessica Hewitt - Dixon Hughes Goodman, Smithfield
- Kyle Houff - Spok, Alexandria
- Isaac Johnson - Burdette Smith & Bish, Fairfax
- Larry Johnson - Yount, Hyde & Barbour, Winchester
- Adam Meier - PBMares, Aberdeen, Md.
- Zamaita Melendez - U.S. Internal Revenue Service, Henrico
- Rachel Neumer - General Dynamics, Falls Church
- Riley O’Neil - Yount, Hyde & Barbour, Hamilton
- Seth Pates - McCallum & Kudravetz, Charlottesville
- Michael Powers - Verus Financial Partners, Richmond
- Nathan Romney - Deloitte & Touche LLP, Sterling
- Jon-Michael Rosch - PBMares, Warrenton
- Ellen Schippert - FTI Consulting, Washington
- Rebecca Shane - Washington, D.C.
- Kyle Sylvester - Cotton & Company, Arlington
- Joshua Taylor - Meadows Urquhart Acree & Cook, Richmond
- Hillary West - CST Group, Reston
- Zhang Liwen - Deloitte & Touche, Richmond
Founded in 1909, the VSCPA currently oversees approximately 12,000 members in Virginia who work across public accounting, industry, government and education. For more information, head to the Society's site here.