When you think about filing your tax return, do you have more questions than answers? The entire process can be confusing and frustrating, but a little information can make the experience much more bearable. Here are some common tax-season questions, along with practical answers, from the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA):

How Can I Lower My Tax Bill? CPAs recommend that you make tax-savvy choices, such as participating in your company's 401(k) plan or contributing to an individual retirement account. Consider turning to a professional, such as a CPA, for the advice you need to make sound decisions designed to improve your financial situation. Your CPA may be able to help you reduce your tax bill by pointing out deductions you have missed.

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access