Tax professionals are looking forward to a better tax season this year, according to a recent survey or at least one that’s no worse.
Almost half (48%) of tax professionals and accountants in a survey by Accounting Today and Tax Pro Today said that they are expecting the 2015 tax season to be better than last year’s, while a third (32.2%) are expecting it to be about the same.
However, about a fifth of the 300 firms surveyed (19.7%) expect it to be worse.
As part of the same survey, which was conducted in late October, respondents were asked whether staff would be required to work on Saturdays during tax season:
- Staff will have to work every Saturday at 45% of firms;
- They will only have to work some Saturdays at 28%; and,
- Provided they get their work done, they don’t have to work any Saturdays at 27% of firms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access