The IRS Return Preparer Office has updated total numbers of federal return preparers who hold PTINs.
According to the RPO, 743,331 preparers held PTINs as of January 3, up from the approximately 690,000 who held them last October. The by-credentials breakdown:
- CPAs: 223,320
- Supervised and non-1040 preparers: 120,347
- EAs: 50,635
- Attorneys: 33,349
- Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents: 738
- Enrolled Actuaries: 506
The IRS notes that some preparers hold multiple professional credentials and that preparers may be both supervised and non-1040 filers.
Since Sept. 28, 2010, 994,278 individuals have been issued PTINs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access