The Internal Revenue Service has recently added a page to its Web site for the self-employed. I sure could’ve used that when I was a freelance writer, even though there was no Internet then.

The Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center is billed as a starting point for small businesses and self-employed taxpayers who file Schedule C with their Form 1040. The page provides links to information on common issues, and is “part of the IRS's campaign to help educate new self-employed small-business owners about their federal tax responsibilities.”

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access