Thomson Reuters said Tuesday that it plans to offer a number of tax and accounting reference handbooks for its Thomson Reuters ProView e-reader software.
Thomson Reuters ProView is available for iPad and is downloadable at no cost from the Apple App Store. ProView is also accessible through a Web browser. In addition, public beta versions of apps for Android tablets are available through Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, along with Windows and Mac OS laptop and desktop computers at Thomson Reuters ProView.
Steve Zelman, senior vice president of product platforms at Thomson Reuters, noted that Thomson Reuters is initially launching the reader with several Quickfinder titles, and the RIA Federal Tax Handbook in the fall. Approximately 10 titles will be available initially in the fall, with many more coming out next year, including the Internal Revenue Code and Treasury regulations on ProView. “We’re in the process of finalizing the rest of our list for 2013,” he said.
The ProView reader is free, and Thomson Reuters will charge for the content. Pricing will be similar to the print versions, according to Zelman. He said the company has done extensive beta testing, and customers have found they can do annotations and highlighting that will carry over to the next version of the product.
Some of the titles that will be initially available include:
• 1040 Quickfinder Handbook: a quick reference tax book with all the information needed to complete federal individual income tax returns. It covers all aspects of Form 1040, including tax changes and new developments.
• 1040 Quickfinder Handbook – RTRP: includes all content from the Quickfinder 1040 Handbook plus information on the evolving rules and requirements for registered tax return preparers, as well as the IRS Circular 230 with insights into key provisions.
• Small Business Quickfinder Handbook: a resource for tax professionals, financial planners, and small business owners. It includes information needed to prepare Forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041, 706, 709, and 990.
• Premium Quickfinder Handbook: a combination of the most important 1040 and small business topics needed to prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses.
• All States Quickfinder Handbook: includes concise summaries of instructions for completing state individual income tax returns for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
• RIA Federal Tax Handbook: contains information on individual, trust, partnership and corporate taxation, deductions, credits, capital gains, IRAs, SIMPLE and pension plans, education incentives, passive activity losses, employee benefits, estate and gift taxes, and more.
With Thomson Reuters ProView, users can receive new versions of eBooks as they are released. They can also add personal notes, highlights and bookmarks that will automatically synchronize with other devices running ProView and transfer to the next downloaded edition of the eBook. Users can make personal changes while offline that are automatically updated and securely saved as soon as connectivity is restored. They can also search from a comprehensive index, and use a hyperlinked table of contents to find information. The eBooks support full-text searching from the search bar. Users can navigate to recent content visits from a history listing, and go directly to bookmarks saved for frequently visited pages. They can also make text and sections stand out with highlighters.
For more information, visit http://yourcheckpoint.thomsonreuters.com/proview.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access