Southern Illinois University Carbondale announced the winners of their 2016 Accounting Challenge last week, reports local Missouri affiliate KFVS12. The competition, now in its 18th year, was held February 19 at SIUC's School of Accountancy and consisted of approximately 300 high school students from more than 20 schools, as well as three area community colleges.
Students participated in both individual and team-based challenges. Winners were awarded with scholarship amounts totaling up to $500.
The 2016 winners are as follows:
High School students in Accounting I:
- 1st: Johnathon Bryan, Centralia High School;
- 2nd: Jonathan Payne, Mt. Vernon High School's;
- 3rd: Daniel Huggins, Pickneyville; Drew Reed, Centralia; David Robbins, Carterville (Tied).
High School students in Accounting II:
- 1st: Victoria Birchem, O'Fallon;
- 2nd: Spencer Woll, O'Fallon;
- 3rd: Cameron Beers, Marion; Parker Moses, Flora (Tied).
Community College Students:
- 1st: Megan Cain, Southeastern Illinois College;
- 2nd: Brandon Arrowood, Shawnee Community College; Brian Adams, John A. Logan College (Tied);
- 3rd: Olivia Christian, Southeastern Illinois College
Teams in Accounting I:
- 1st: Charlie Eccher, Spencer Woll, and Jhavont'e Hazlitt, O'Fallon;
- 2nd: Faith Fisher, Hannah Rotramel, Olivia Loudermilk, Maverick Troyer, Tayler Hayes, and Maddy McKinney, Edwards County High School
Teams in Accounting II:
- 1st: Sam Redd, Nicole Plumlee, and Alyssa Taylor, Marion High School;
- 2nd: Brady Bultman, Megan Williams, Ethan Small, Drew Barczewski, and Hayden Heggemeier, Nashville High
Community College Teams:
- 1st: Jon-David Johnston, Ashley Graham, Brandon Arrowood, Alicia Chase, and Evan Hughey, Shawnee Community College.
For more on the Challenge and SIUC, head to the University's site here.