Thomson Reuters has introduced Checkpoint Pocket Assistant, a mobile app that helps tax and accounting professionals perform tasks from an Apple iPhone.
The app acts as a hub for other apps that can be downloaded, including reference information and calculations. The Checkpoint Pocket Assistant is available from the Apple App Store at no cost.
“Our Pocket Assistant is another example of our commitment to helping our customers increase their productivity and efficiency so they can spend more time on strategic planning and business development,” said Steve Zelman, senior vice president of Checkpoint Platforms at Thomson Reuters, in a statement.
The apps expand other mobile research offerings from the company, including Thomson Reuters Checkpoint for tablets and smart phones and Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks for tablets.
The new apps available through Checkpoint Pocket Assistant include:
• 2013 Tax Rate Guide: lists key federal income, gift and estate tax rates (included at no cost);
• COLA Profit-Sharing Plans: displays pension and profit-sharing plan dollar limitations reflecting cost-of living adjustments as of 2013 (included at no cost);
• Like-Kind Exchange Calculator: determines the realized gain, recognized gain, and basis of the like-kind property received for most like-kind exchanges, including exchanges of real estate or property that is held for business or investment (available separately for $1.99);
• Minimum Required Distribution Calculator: calculates the minimum required distribution for inherited IRAs, Roth IRAs, defined benefit plans, and plans holding longevity annuities (available separately for $1.99); and,
• Individual Shared Responsibility Calculator: estimates the cost of meeting the Affordable Care Act requirements for maintaining minimum essential health insurance coverage, which is effective Jan. 1, 2013. The app helps determine the penalty amount for most scenarios (available separately at $2.99).
The apps are the first in a series that will be available for the Checkpoint Pocket Assistant app, according to Zelman, with more to come later in the year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access